From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Searching backends
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:36:43 -0800	[thread overview]

Hello world,

Is mairix the state of the art in search backends for gnus these days?
Urged by a friend, I spent some time kicking the tires of mu4e earlier
today. I've been using gnus for twenty years; I don't think mu4e is
going to work for me. But fast searching across my entire email corpus
(of roughly 270,000 messages) sure was nice.

I've tried and failed to get mairix working a couple of times in the
past. I tried again this evening with more success (though I'm still
doing something wrong based on the behavior I'm seeing).

Before I spend more time trying to figure it out, or composing
messages to ask y'all to tell me how I'm being stupid this time, I
thought I'd just check and see if I should be doing something else
instead.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--