From: Jan Tatarik <jan.tatarik@gmail.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: iCalendar integration - time zone issue
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:07:38 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Nov 12 2013, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

[...]

>> In any case, there should be a VTIMEZONE section with a definition of
>> the timezone used in DTSTART.

> It looks like there is. I wonder if it is broken...

No, it isn't. It's exactly the same as my W. Europe example, only the
name is different.

> [...]
>> If there's no definition for the Romance Standard Time, gnus-icalendar
>> won't be able to adjust for the DTSTART/DTEND timezones.

> Makes sense, but it must be finding something, since an hour is
> subtracted, right?

Yes, this part of the code works fine, the problem occurs later in the
pipeline, when the org timestamp is generated. The actual timezone is
not used when creating the timestamp, so GMT is assumed by default, and
the 1 hour shift happens.

I'll fix that.