* Unable to select group (nnimap) but gnus can split from it
@ 2012-11-08 20:26 Aric Gregson
From: Aric Gregson @ 2012-11-08 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I'm back to trying Gnus again with Ma Gnus v0.6 and Emacs 24.2
and it feels comfortable again.
However I am still having some problems with the same microsoft
mail server.

I can log into the server without a problem and during the initial
check for new mail upon starting up Gnus I can see new mail and
enter the Inbox group. However, upon subsequent checks for new
mail, I can no longer enter any group on the server and get the
"can't select group" error. Opening and closing the server from
the Server buffer does not help.

Oddly enough, when Gnus checks new mail I can see that it finds
new messages in this Inbox because it is trying to split mail from
it (using another mail program I see the messages are real).

I am not sure how to fix this or look further into why this is
happening. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

aric