* How to make (*) text/plain the default instead of ( ) text/html ?
@ 2010-10-22 10:03 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-10-22 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I can't take it any more. How do I get gnus to stop using this new
default or whatever:
1.  ( ) text/plain          (*) text/html
and make this the default?
1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html
(info "(gnus) HTML") doesn't say.
gnus-version "Gnus v5.13".

* Re: How to make (*) text/plain the default instead of ( ) text/html ?
@ 2010-10-22 10:10 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-10-22 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jidanni; +Cc: ding

,----[ C-h v mm-discouraged-alternatives RET ]
| mm-discouraged-alternatives is a variable defined in `mm-decode.el'.
| Its value is
| ("text/html" "text/richtext" "text/enriched")
|
| Original value was nil
|
| Documentation:
| List of MIME types that are discouraged when viewing multipart/alternative.
| Viewing agents are supposed to view the last possible part of a message,
| as that is supposed to be the richest.  However, users may prefer other
| types instead, and this list says what types are most unwanted.  If,
| for instance, text/html parts are very unwanted, and text/richtext are
| somewhat unwanted, then the value of this variable should be set
| to:
|
|  ("text/html" "text/richtext")
|
| Adding "image/.*" might also be useful.  Spammers use it as the
| prefered part of multipart/alternative messages.  See also
| `gnus-buttonized-mime-types', to which adding "multipart/alternative"
| enables you to choose manually one of two types those mails include.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

HTH,
Tassilo

* Re: How to make (*) text/plain the default instead of ( ) text/html ?
@ 2010-10-22 10:24   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-10-22 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tassilo; +Cc: ding

TH> mm-discouraged-alternatives
Thanks. (info "(gnus) HTML") really ought to mention it.