Julien Danjou writes: > On Tue, Sep 28 2010, Florian Ragwitz wrote: > >> This is what I did a couple of months back for pod-mode.el. I believe it >> makes for nicer customisation. If you like this as well, I'd be happy to >> prepare an updated patch using the above, and extending it also support >> REQUIRE-MATCH, INITIAL-INPUT, HISTORY, etc. > > I like that. Please, go ahead! Here's a patch adding what I've been talking about on top of your patch. Note that gnus-icompleting-read ignores its HISTORY argument. I haven't quite figured out how to do that, assuming iswitchb supports some sort of history at all. However, it's already useful to me as is, as I can make use of all my iswitchb customisations while only missing out on a feature I don't particularly care about.