On Sun, Sep 19 2010, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Ok. It might not even be an issue any more -- I haven't benchmarked > stuff like that in a decade or more. Well, tested on 5K messages. it only takes ~2s here to manipulate the marks with "M C" or M-5000 M-u. :-) > Nope. It's why Gnus uses subst-char-in-region many places where other > solutions might be more natural. I grepped the sources, and anyhow, all other functions using subst-char-in-region are using predefined replacement chars, not user defined like in gnus-summary-update-mark. So they're safe (from me :-)) and should not bug out. -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info