* Subscribing to RSS feeds in .emacs or .gnus
@ 2009-11-04 11:18 白い熊
From: 白い熊 @ 2009-11-04 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello:

I'm sure this is really simple to do, but I'm searching and searching the web and can't find how to do it.

I'd like to subscribe to RSS feeds in Gnus through .emacs or .gnus meaning: I can subscribe fine in the Gnus group
buffer via `G R' and then entering the RSS feed link etc.

Can I however put the feed link information into .emacs, so that every time I move, reinstall Emacs or whatever, I don't
have to go through and manually input tens of RSS feeds via `G R'?

Thank for any advice.

白い熊

* Re: Subscribing to RSS feeds in .emacs or .gnus
@ 2009-11-04 14:44 ` Manuel Carro
From: Manuel Carro @ 2009-11-04 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Can I however put the feed link information into .emacs, so that every
> time I move, reinstall Emacs or whatever, I don't have to go through and
> manually input tens of RSS feeds via `G R'?

I think you do not need to - at least I didn't.  This information is
saved in the .newsrc[.eld] file and it is automatically loaded when gnus
starts up.
|  Manuel Carro --- Facultad de Informática -- U. Politécnica de Madrid (UPM)  |
|       Campus de Montegancedo --- E-28660 Boadilla del Monte --- Spain        |
|                Phone: +34-913363747 --- FAX: +34-913363669                   |

* Re: Subscribing to RSS feeds in .emacs or .gnus
@ 2009-11-04 15:57   ` 白い熊
From: 白い熊 @ 2009-11-04 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Manuel Carro <mcarro@fi.upm.es> writes:

> I think you do not need to - at least I didn't.  This information is
> saved in the .newsrc[.eld] file and it is automatically loaded when gnus
> starts up.

Yes, I know. However I want to do it via .emacs for instances when
.newsrc.eld gets messed up, which has happened to me, and then I needed
to reenter all the numerous feeds. So would like to do it explicitly via
text config.

@ 2009-11-12 19:31     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-11-12 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:57:25 +0300 白い熊 <ding_gnus.org@sumou.com> wrote:

白> Manuel Carro <mcarro@fi.upm.es> writes:
>> I think you do not need to - at least I didn't.  This information is
>> saved in the .newsrc[.eld] file and it is automatically loaded when gnus
>> starts up.

白> Yes, I know. However I want to do it via .emacs for instances when
白> .newsrc.eld gets messed up, which has happened to me, and then I needed
白> to reenter all the numerous feeds. So would like to do it explicitly via
白> text config.

Look at ~/News/rss/nnrss.el (also see recent posts from jidanni on this topic).

Ted