* application/octet-stream sent as 7bit
@ 2009-08-30 13:42 Dmitri Paduchikh
From: Dmitri Paduchikh @ 2009-08-30 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello!

In some cases Gnus sends application/octet-stream attachments in
unencoded form:

,----
| --=-=-=
|
| #!/bin/sh
| echo test
`----

I am concerned that contents can change when transferring a message.
Think of EOL conversions, ">From " stuff, etc. Such changes can corrupt
shell script, for example.

In general, RFC 2046 says that application/octet-stream denotes
arbitrary binary data. For arbitrary binary data I would expect that it
is transferred exactly as is, even if it looks like a 7-bit text.

--
Dmitri Paduchikh