* Shouldn't agentised servers be switched offline in unplugged mode?
@ 2007-09-08 15:11 Elias Oltmanns
  2007-09-16 22:37 ` Canonical server names and the false assumption in g-s-named-server (was: Shouldn't agentised servers be switched offline in unplugged mode?) Elias Oltmanns
From: Elias Oltmanns @ 2007-09-08 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi again,

currently, after I have downloaded articles from a server and switched
into unplugged operation, aell agentised servers remains open in a
sense, i.e., when I enter a group served by any of those servers, gnus
tries to connect to the server and if it succeeds, treats it as any
other open server. Only if the connection fails, the server is switched
offline. I wonder whether this really is a desirable behaviour.
Personally, I clearly prefer gnus to behave "unplugged" as it tells me
in the mode line. If I really want to open one of those servers, I can
still do so explicitly in the server buffer. Also, the current behaviour
should be rather annoying in an dial-on-demand setup. Shouldn't
gnus-agent-close-connections switch all agentised servers offline?

Regards,

Elias