* gnus+dovecot anyone?
@ 2005-10-03 11:58 Joakim Verona
From: Joakim Verona @ 2005-10-03 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been using gnus+dovecot imapd for some time.

recently, say 1 month back or so, I get some form of timeout.

That is, after a while of inactivity, I get an error when accessing a
mailbox. Next time I try it works.

Anyone with a similar setup who can offer hints?
--
Joakim Verona
www.verona.se

* Re: gnus+dovecot anyone?
@ 2005-10-04 11:59 ` Mark Plaksin
From: Mark Plaksin @ 2005-10-04 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joakim Verona <joakim@verona.se> writes:

> I have been using gnus+dovecot imapd for some time.
>
> recently, say 1 month back or so, I get some form of timeout.
>
> That is, after a while of inactivity, I get an error when accessing a
> mailbox. Next time I try it works.
>
> Anyone with a similar setup who can offer hints?

I have just started testing Dovecot and have seen a few hangs.  It looks
like Dovecot is hanging.  We are using Dovecot's rawlog (which shows the
IMAP conversation on the server) and the hang is always associated with a
UID STORE command.  Most of the hangs occur when sending mail but it
happens at other times too.  We're still debugging it.

* Re: gnus+dovecot anyone?
@ 2005-10-05  7:19   ` Joakim Verona
From: Joakim Verona @ 2005-10-05  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Mark,

I swiched to use plaintext auth instead of ssl now, and it works.
Its ok, because I use dovecot locally.

@ 2005-10-05 11:22     ` Mark Plaksin
From: Mark Plaksin @ 2005-10-05 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joakim Verona <joakim@verona.se> writes:

> Thanks Mark,
>
> I swiched to use plaintext auth instead of ssl now, and it works.
> Its ok, because I use dovecot locally.

Interesting.  I finally ran gdb on one of the hung processes yesterday.  It
was either stuck in flock or in a loop trying to get an flock.

What's especially strange is that nobody else sees this.  We're still just
testing, and none of the other testers are using Gnus.