* nnshimbun.el
@ 2003-12-05 14:21 TSUCHIYA Masatoshi
From: TSUCHIYA Masatoshi @ 2003-12-05 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

We, emacs-w3m development team, would like to inform you about
nnshimbun.el that is distributed with emacs-w3m.  It enables you to
enjoy these following features:

  reading newspapers published on web without looking advertisements,
  reading mailing list archives on web, and
  reading submissions on web bulletin boards.

In other words, it is a replacement of nnwarchive.el.

It works based on shimbun library.  Shimbun is pronounced "she-n-boon"
(but actually vowels shouldn't be prolonged), it means "newspaper" in
Japanese.  Shimbun library is a collection of many back-end modules,
and each module provides functions to convert contents of each web
site into articles like common e-mails.  For more detail, please see
http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/info/goto.cgi?node=Shimbun+Library.

We have two issues.  First, we call for contributors of shimbun
modules.  If you send a new module of your favorite WEB site to
<emacs-w3m@namazu.org> and allow us to distribute it under the terms
of GPL, we will gladly add it to the distribution of emacs-w3m.
Second, could we add the following small piece of code to
gnus-group.el?

  (autoload 'gnus-group-make-shimbun-group "nnshimbun" nil t)
  (define-key gnus-group-mode-map "Gn" 'gnus-group-make-shimbun-group)

This is necessary to use nnshimbun.el with Gnus.

Best regards,

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi

* Re: nnshimbun.el
@ 2003-12-31  3:20 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-12-31  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@namazu.org> writes:

> Second, could we add the following small piece of code to
> gnus-group.el?
>
>   (autoload 'gnus-group-make-shimbun-group "nnshimbun" nil t)
>   (define-key gnus-group-mode-map "Gn" 'gnus-group-make-shimbun-group)

Gnus generally doesn't contain keystrokes for packages that aren't
included in the Gnus distribution, so I'm not sure this would be the
best solution.

It might make more sense for you to write a hook function and
`set-local-key' from `gnus-group-mode-hook' if the user has loaded
emacs-w3m.