From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net>
Subject: Re: Include ucs-tables.el?
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 10:24:19 +1100	[thread overview]

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002, Reiner Steib wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08 2002, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>
>> For those of us who haven't followed discussions about ucs-tables.el,
>> can someone give a quick summary of how it's used in Gnus,
>
> (require 'ucs-tables)
> (unify-8859-on-encoding-mode 1)
> (unify-8859-on-decoding-mode 1)

Does this function correctly under XEmacs both with and without
file-coding and with or without MULE?

Will it cope correctly with the soon-to-land Unicode internals of the
ben-mule branch of XEmacs, with more native support for non-MULE
internal encodings?

Does it cope with Emacs of those varieties?

Also, how does it interact with the Latin Unity package for XEmacs and
with the unity packages for Emacs21?

>> and what benefits it provides?
>
> AFAIK (please correct me if it's wrong), it unifies iso-8859-*
> charset's if possible.

Is this only within the scope of Gnus message buffers, Gnus message and
display buffers or universally?

        Daniel

--
I am for an art of teddy bears and guns and decapitated rabbits,
exploded umbrellas, raped beds, chairs with their brown bones broken,