* Saving articles instead of showing them
@ 2002-01-28 21:18 Tom Koelman
From: Tom Koelman @ 2002-01-28 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

this is probably my punshment for trying Oort 0.05 instead of gnus
5.9, but I felt adventurous and, anyway. Sometimes an article doesn't
display, but oort asks me to

Save MIME part to:

E.g. I had this with Message-ID: <000c01c1a78d$aa4a2de0$022a2a0a@Haskell>

I hope someone knows what to do.

Tom

--
The trouble was that he was talking in philosophy, but they were
listening in gibberish.  -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

* Re: Saving articles instead of showing them
@ 2002-01-29  1:30 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-01-29  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom Koelman <tkoelman@xs4all.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> this is probably my punshment for trying Oort 0.05 instead of gnus
> 5.9, but I felt adventurous and, anyway. Sometimes an article doesn't
> display, but oort asks me to
>
> Save MIME part to:
>
> E.g. I had this with Message-ID: <000c01c1a78d$aa4a2de0$022a2a0a@Haskell>
>
> I hope someone knows what to do.

What is the content-type of the attachment?

ShengHuo

* Re: Saving articles instead of showing them
@ 2002-01-29  6:35   ` Tom Koelman
From: Tom Koelman @ 2002-01-29  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU wrote:

> Tom Koelman <tkoelman@xs4all.nl> writes:
>
>> [...] Oort 0.05 [...]. Sometimes an article doesn't
>> display, but oort asks me to
>>
>> Save MIME part to:
>>
>> E.g. I had this with Message-ID: <000c01c1a78d$aa4a2de0$022a2a0a@Haskell>
>>
>> I hope someone knows what to do.
>
> What is the content-type of the attachment?

The header says

but I think I already solved it. By looking through the ding archives
I found

(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/richtext"))
(setq mm-automatic-display '("text/plain" "message/delivery-status"
"message/rfc822"))

which helped in this case, though I don't know what the
"message/delivery-status" and "message/rfc822" are.

Thanks,
Tom

--
This sentence no verb. -- Hofstadter

* Re: Saving articles instead of showing them
@ 2002-01-29  8:06     ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2002-01-29  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Tom Koelman wrote:
> ShengHuo ZHU wrote:
>> Tom Koelman <tkoelman@xs4all.nl> writes:

[...]

> (setq mm-automatic-display '("text/plain" "message/delivery-status"
> "message/rfc822"))
>
> which helped in this case, though I don't know what the
> "message/delivery-status" and "message/rfc822" are.

message/delivery-status is a recent standard for attaching a request for
a delivery status notification, or something like that, to a message.
Apparently.

What it should, in theory, do is tell your mailer how to send a response
to the original sender telling them that the message was received,
viewed or whatever.

message/rfc822 is the MIME type of an email message in a part -- an
attached email, basically. They come with full headers and everything,
which is why they are good.

        Daniel

--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.