Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > "Rene Matteau" writes: > > > (setq mail-sources '( > > (file :path "/matteau@matteau:/var/spool/mail/matteau") > > )) > > I don't think this will work. We use movemail to move mail, and it > doesn't understand ange-ftp file names. One could use `rename-file', > but that wouldn't do file locking, which means that You Would Lose > Mail Sooner Or Later, which is not nice. Which reminds me, with the attached patch (which works around the fact that "file-regular-p" is not [yet] implemented in efs/ange-ftp), it will work for maildirs. Like (setq mail-sources '((maildir :path "/leo@arioch.oche.de:~/Maildir/new"))) The only drawback I can see is that efs seems to cache directory listings for some time, so gnus doesn't always fetch all the mail it could. For the lisp ChangeLog: 1999-11-24 Carsten Leonhardt * mail-source.el (mail-source-fetch-maildir): work around the ommitted "file-regular-p" in efs/ange-ftp For the texi ChangeLog: 1999-11-24 Carsten Leonhardt * gnus.texi (Mail Source Specifiers): Mention maildir in the overview and the possibility to use remote maildirs.