* Pulling in mbox files made by procmail no longer works
@ 2021-01-26 17:51 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2021-01-26 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm not getting any clues why gnus has stopped pulling in procmail
created mbox mail when I press `g'.  Gnus seems to completely ignore
them without any complaint or errors. Nothing spell binding in
\*Messages\*

I've been doing this for quite some time and not seeing whey it fails now

My .gnus code below has not changed for quite a long time.  These two
stanzas should be creating nnml groups from the mbox files.

They have not changed for a long while other than to being comment out
from time to time.

  (setq mail-sources
        '((file :path "/var/spool/mail/reader")
          (directory :path "/spool/in/"    :suffix ".in")))

  (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
        '((nnml "")))

/spool/in both `spool' and `in' have full permissions of my user

  reader > ls -la /spool/in
  total 840
  drwxr-xr-x 3 reader nfsu   4096 Jan 26 10:40 .
  drwxr-xr-x 3 reader nfsu   4096 Jan 23 13:58 ..
  -rw------- 1 reader nfsu 194606 Jan 24 18:22 all-but-cron_.in
  -rw------- 1 reader nfsu   8674 Jan 24 02:22 AsteriskBS_spam_tr.in
  -rw------- 1 reader nfsu 194794 Jan 24 18:22 bogo-unsure.in
  -rw------- 1 reader nfsu   3678 Jan 23 18:22 cron_tr.in
  -rw------- 1 reader nfsu  57555 Jan 24 12:22 oi-discuss.in
  drwxr-xr-x 5 reader nfsu   4096 Jan 23 17:51 Saved
  -rw------- 1 reader nfsu 359303 Jan 24 19:49 zfs-discuss.in

Just in case /spool/in means ~/spool/in to gnus I also have a symlink
in ~

reader > ls -l ~/spool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 reader nfsu 6 Jan 23 14:31 /home/reader/spool -> /spool

reader > ls -l ~/spool/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 3 reader nfsu 4096 Jan 26 10:40 in

Any ideas what would likely be stopping gnus from working on these
mbox files?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-01-26 17:52 UTC | newest]