* move article painfully slow over imap
@ 2014-07-31 23:02 Carlos Pita
From: Carlos Pita @ 2014-07-31 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi guys,

I'm using gnus-summary-move-article to move messages to gmail trash over
an imap connection. Moving a single message takes several
seconds. Moving a list of messages has more or less O(n) with the same
constant. So it's slow for one article and it's proportionally slow for
n articles (no decreasing average cost here, batching the moves is not
optimizing on some fixed initial cost or whatever).

Is there something I could be doing wrong? Is there anything I could do
better?

Cheers
--
Carlos

* Re: move article painfully slow over imap
@ 2015-01-28  3:48 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-01-28  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Pita; +Cc: ding

Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using gnus-summary-move-article to move messages to gmail trash over
> an imap connection. Moving a single message takes several
> seconds. Moving a list of messages has more or less O(n) with the same
> constant. So it's slow for one article and it's proportionally slow for
> n articles (no decreasing average cost here, batching the moves is not
> optimizing on some fixed initial cost or whatever).

This should be fixed in the current git Gnus, but there's apparently new
problems associated in this area that haven't been worked out yet.  But
will hopefully be within a couple of days.  :-)