jorge.alfaro-murillo@yale.edu (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes: > Sharon Kimble writes: > >> What file stores the details of each mail-group and news-group, whether >> they are "ticked" and saved, or deleted or what? The reason is that I >> destroyed the saved setup whilst trying to get a "topic" and if I know >> what the name of the file is then I can restore it From backup. > > Unless you have configured the variable `gnus-home-directory' or > `gnus-startup-file' it should probably be the file ~/.newsrc.eld > Thanks Jorge, nope I haven't, its a bog standard setup. Hmm, not quite true, My ".gnus" is on the end of an org-mode file which is my emacs init.org. So it gets tangled and parsed quite a bit, but this time is the first time that I've had problems with it. And it is just so rock-solid and stable! Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.1.0