Rainer M Krug writes: Hi Rainer, > I really like my mail setup with offlineimap. There are only two > things I would like to have: > > 1) something similar to offlineimap for gmane, so that I can download > my news into a local news server and then read it when offline and As others already suggested, using the gnus agent is probably the best approach (and I also use that). But anyway, similar to offlineimap but for newsgroups is the local newsserver leafnode. In that, you can configure many remote nntp servers, say, gmane and the one you use for traditional nntp groups, and then you simply connect to localhost from within gnus and see all usenet and gmane groups. > 2) a local smtp relay (I think this is the right word) to which I can > send email but which is really sending them out once I am online (or > can I do this in gnus?) When you save a mail/posting during composition, it'll be stored in your drafts group. So if you are offline, just save it and kill the buffer. Then you can send it later when you're online again. Of course, that's far from automatic but it works well enough for me. The good thing about it that you can be really sure if and when your mails have been sent. Bye, Tassilo