* bug: S/MIME and gnus-message-replyencrypt
@ 2014-09-24 10:27 Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2014-09-24 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

The Content-Type header of S/MIME-encrypted mesages that I send from
Gnus looks like this:

I suppose that this is correct, as decryption works fine.

There seems to be a problem, however: When replying to such a message
with gnus-message-replyencrypt set to t, the reply is not being marked
for encryption automatically by the function
gnus-summary-handle-replysign.  If I understand the code correctly this
happens because the function gnus-mime-display-part does not recognize
the message as encrypted and does not (gnus-add-wash-type 'encrypted).

Would someone who knows the code care to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Christoph

* Re: bug: S/MIME and gnus-message-replyencrypt
@ 2015-01-27  3:07 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-01-27  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Groth; +Cc: ding

Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> writes:

> There seems to be a problem, however: When replying to such a message
> with gnus-message-replyencrypt set to t, the reply is not being marked
> for encryption automatically by the function
> gnus-summary-handle-replysign.  If I understand the code correctly this
> happens because the function gnus-mime-display-part does not recognize
> the message as encrypted and does not (gnus-add-wash-type 'encrypted).
>
> Would someone who knows the code care to fix this issue?

I'm not familiar with this code, either.  Could you submit a bug report
with `M-x report-emacs-bug', and perhaps that will get a response...