Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Sharon Kimble writes: > >> Yesterday I had to do some major surgery on my ".newsrc-dribble" as two >> sites that I get an RSS feed from were online but timing out all the >> time, and this was stopping me from starting gnus. I did the surgery by >> renaming ".newsrc-dribble" and starting anew with a blank one. Once I >> had doctored the old one by deleting the problematic RSS feeds from the >> file, I re-instated it and started gnus with no problems. Except, now >> *every* email that I am receiving is not line-wrapping at 68 characters >> but is going to the window borders, and in some cases its going beyond >> them! >> >> I have this in my .gnus file >> >> (add-hook 'message-mode-hook >> (lambda () >> (setq fill-column 68) >> (turn-on-auto-fill))) >> >> What else should I do please to regain sensible line-wrapping? >> >> Thanks >> Sharon. > > I have no idea why messing with newsrc-dribble would affect this, but my > guess is you may have changed the value of one of these variables: > > ‘gnus-treat-fill-article’ > ‘gnus-treat-fill-long-lines’ > > Can you show us their value? > > The message-mode-hook would only affect the outgoing message you > compose, not the display of received messages. > Thanks for this Eric. The answers are - gnus-treat-fill-article = nil gnus-treat-fill-long-lines = (typep "text/plain") Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1