Steinar Bang writes: >>>>>> Sharon Kimble : > >> Ever since I've started using GNUs for my email, I've been >> accumulating text files in my "/home/boudiccas/Mail" directory. They >> have odd names like "Incoming4414ruc" or "Incoming4414rsy", or such >> like. > > It's because you're running git gnus. > > As Adam said, they are there to avoid a development gnus from losing > mail. > > (I have been using CVS gnus and then later git gnus, since 1997, and I > currently avoid these files by not using a local file system backend for > mail. I use nnimap.) > Git gnus!? I'm using whatever is packaged with emacs 24.3.91.1! I'm running nnimap for my gmails, how do you run it for a pop3 account please? And these dratted files are still accumulating so I think that I'll write a bash script to auto-delete them. Run from a cron job, set it and forget it! Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.91.1