* Re: Reading mail from different locations
       [not found] <1691932c-7c70-47b3-ae44-60db8f081d99@googlegroups.com>
@ 2014-05-19 15:32 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-05-19 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 23:27, Steinar Midtskogen wrote:
> I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 14.04 and Emacs 24.3.1, also forcing me
> to upgrade gnus (git clone as of a few days ago).  Gnus now behaves
> slightly different from what I'm used to.  I read my e-mail (imap
> server) from different locations: From home, from work (both gnus),
> from my phone and through Squirrelmail.  The trouble is that if I go
> through my mail, say from home, then read mail from work (or vice
> versa), gnus now fails to notice the tags that I set at the other
> location: Everything received since I last read at work is unread
> again.  This is pretty annoying.  Previously, the group list didn't
> update, but that was corrected when I entered the group which then
> always reflected the state on the server, not the state of the gnus
> when I previously used it at that location.
>
> How can I fix this?

I read my mail from various systems with no problem.  Do you leave the
group when you have finished reading the emails in that group?
gnus-summary-exit should propagate all the changes made in that group to
the server.

The problem of the group list being out of date is potentially a bit
trickier as some of that information is stored locally in your
.newsrc.eld file.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.1 + Ma Gnus v0.12 + evil evil-git-cc1cc7e

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-19 15:32 UTC | newest]