* imap namespace prefix
@ 2011-05-11 17:42 Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-05-11 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

My school uses uw-imap as their imap mail server.  When I try to connect
with the following configuration

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
               '(nnimap "unm"
                        (nnimap-address "mail.cs.unm.edu")
                        (nnimap-server-port 993)
                        (nnimap-stream ssl)))
#+end_src

gnus begins subscribing to *every* file in my home directory on the
school machines as an imap mail folder.  Instead I would like to limit
gnus to the ~/mail/ subdirectory of my home directory.  I found mention
of this "default to user's home directory" aspect of uw-imap online [1].

At first I thought this was a server side problem, but when subscribing
to the same imap account using thunderbird the problem does not appear.

Any suggestions as to how I can configure gnus to only subscribe to
those folders in my ~/mail/ subfolder?

Thanks -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]  http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/UW