* Messages still being marked as old in nnimap
@ 2010-11-18 22:32 John Sullivan
From: John Sullivan @ 2010-11-18 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I've been having this problem for years in gnus, and was hoping that the
new nnimap code would fix it (before that I hoped switching to dovecot
from courier would fix it) -- but it just happened again today.

My description of it is totally lame, because I can't figure out how to
reproduce it or even vaguely under what conditions it happens. But every
now and then, a bunch of unread messages get marked O, effectively
vanishing from my sight. This is very bad.

Any ideas why this could happen or what I might do to get more useful
testing information? It happens so infrequently, and sometimes I don't
notice that it happened until a bit after...

I have a gut feeling that it is related to the fact that I move a lot of
messages out of my inbox, sometimes to a mailbox on a different server.
Maybe that confuses things. Or that it might be related to fetching new
mail to the local server (with offlineimap) while the gnus folder is
open.

Whatever it is, it's making me crazy.

--
John Sullivan