* Release of Gnus version 5.12?
@ 2009-10-24 17:10 Tommi Vainikainen
From: Tommi Vainikainen @ 2009-10-24 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

given that GNU Emacs 23 has been released with Gnus 5.13, isn't it
according to the plan that separate, standalone Gnus release is made
with version number 5.12 from No Gnus branch, approximately equal to
version 5.13 bundled in GNU Emacs 23? Is there such plan? Is there any
schedule for such release?

--
Tommi Vainikainen

* Re: Release of Gnus version 5.12?
@ 2010-01-11 20:08 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2010-01-11 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, Oct 24 2009, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:

> given that GNU Emacs 23 has been released with Gnus 5.13, isn't it
> according to the plan that separate, standalone Gnus release is made
> with version number 5.12 from No Gnus branch, approximately equal to
> version 5.13 bundled in GNU Emacs 23? Is there such plan? Is there any
> schedule for such release?

There is such a plan, yes.  But the last time (one year ago) when I
wrote to Lars about release plans (it was about Gnus 5.10.12), I
didn't get any reply.  So I was not enthusiastic about working on
further releases that won't get published.  But I will give it a try
again, I think.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,