* Re: Viewing signed mails fails
       [not found] <87iqh48kxq.fsf@alien8.de>
@ 2009-08-04  6:29 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2009-08-04  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Stecklina; +Cc: bugs, ding, Xavier Maillard

On Tue, Aug 04 2009, Julian Stecklina wrote:

> Gnus v5.13
> GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
>  of 2009-08-04 on tabernacle
> 200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.1 ready (posting ok).
>
> I just upgraded to Emacs 23.1 and Gnus 5.13, which now comes bundled
> with Emacs 23.1. Trying to view a GPG-signed mail gives me this error:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #[(target old new)
> "[...]" [old new target replace-regexp-in-string] 4] 4)

Are you using color-theme?

If so, please try to convince the maintainer to fix this long standing
bug.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66521
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66942

http://gna.org/bugs/?9494

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Viewing signed mails fails
@ 2009-08-04  7:05   ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2009-08-04  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Tue, Aug 04 2009, Julian Stecklina wrote:
>
>> Gnus v5.13
>> GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
>>  of 2009-08-04 on tabernacle
>> 200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.1 ready (posting ok).
>>
>> I just upgraded to Emacs 23.1 and Gnus 5.13, which now comes bundled
>> with Emacs 23.1. Trying to view a GPG-signed mail gives me this error:
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #[(target old new)
>> "[...]" [old new target replace-regexp-in-string] 4] 4)
>
> Are you using color-theme?
>
> If so, please try to convince the maintainer to fix this long standing
> bug.
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66521
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66942
>
> http://gna.org/bugs/?9494

This has been fixed for a long time. At least my local copy of
color-theme.el shows this ChangeLog entry:

2007-09-10  Brian Palmer  <bpalmer@cs.nmsu.edu>

        * color-theme.el (replace-in-string): Renamed to
        color-theme-replace-in-string. This is either an alias to a
        pre-existing replace-in-string, or an inline function call to
        replace-regexp-in-string.

-David

* Re: Viewing signed mails fails
@ 2009-08-04 16:23   ` Julian Stecklina
From: Julian Stecklina @ 2009-08-04 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reiner Steib; +Cc: Julian Stecklina, bugs, ding, Xavier Maillard

> On Tue, Aug 04 2009, Julian Stecklina wrote:
>
>> Gnus v5.13
>> GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
>>  of 2009-08-04 on tabernacle
>> 200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.1 ready (posting ok).
>>
>> I just upgraded to Emacs 23.1 and Gnus 5.13, which now comes bundled
>> with Emacs 23.1. Trying to view a GPG-signed mail gives me this error:
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #[(target old new)
>> "[...]" [old new target replace-regexp-in-string] 4] 4)
>
> Are you using color-theme?

Yes.

> If so, please try to convince the maintainer to fix this long standing
> bug.
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66521
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66942
>
> http://gna.org/bugs/?9494

Thanks for the quick help. :)

I have created a downstream bug for Gentoo with patch. That should
probably fix it for Gentoo users. Since the author of color-theme
doesn't seem to maintain it anymore, I am tempted to create a fork.

Regards,
--
"Actually I made up the term "object-oriented", and I can tell you I
did not have C++ in mind." - Alan Kay (OOPSLA 1997 Keynote)

* Re: Viewing signed mails fails
@ 2009-08-04 17:41     ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2009-08-04 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Stecklina
  Cc: Reiner Steib, Julian Stecklina, bugs, ding, Xavier Maillard

Julian Stecklina <jsteckli@os.inf.tu-dresden.de> writes:
> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 04 2009, Julian Stecklina wrote:
>>
>>> Gnus v5.13
>>> GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
>>>  of 2009-08-04 on tabernacle
>>> 200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.1 ready (posting ok).
>>>
>>> I just upgraded to Emacs 23.1 and Gnus 5.13, which now comes bundled
>>> with Emacs 23.1. Trying to view a GPG-signed mail gives me this error:
>>>
>>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #[(target old new)
>>> "[...]" [old new target replace-regexp-in-string] 4] 4)
>>
>> Are you using color-theme?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If so, please try to convince the maintainer to fix this long standing
>> bug.
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66521
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66942
>>
>> http://gna.org/bugs/?9494
>
> Thanks for the quick help. :)
>
> I have created a downstream bug for Gentoo with patch. That should
> probably fix it for Gentoo users. Since the author of color-theme
> doesn't seem to maintain it anymore, I am tempted to create a fork.

As I have posted on ding, this bug has been fixed almost two years
ago. It just seems there wasn't an official release since then.

Simply install the CVS version:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gna.org:/cvs/color-theme co color-theme

Also, there was a new homepage for color-theme created in April, so
it doesn't look unmaintained to me.

-David