Reiner Steib writes: > On Tue, Apr 08 2008, Patrick Drechsler wrote: > >> after updating GNU/Emacs CVS a few days ago I noticed that the >> article buffer sometimes does not display umlaut characters correctly >> anymore. > > I'm not aware of any changes in Gnus, thus most probably a change in > Emacs is the reason. (Cc-ing emacs-devel, keeping full citation.) > >> Symptoms: Either the article buffer displays (A) the character's >> control sequence (ie "รค" -> "\344") or (B) it skips the character it >> can not display. This did not happen in previous versions of Gnus >> v5.13 shipped with Emacs CVS. >> >> To reproduce (A): [...snipped...] > Does the problem only appear in Gcc-ed messages or in usual mail/news > messages as well? If the later, could you send such a message to > gmane-test@hawk.netfonds.no (gmane.test).