* fetch-old-headers depending on group ?
@ 2008-01-21 19:10 Nicolas KOWALSKI
From: Nicolas KOWALSKI @ 2008-01-21 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

For my mail (nnimap), as I like to see complete threads, I have set
gnus-fetch-old-headers's value to t. It works fine.

However, my ISP news server is too slow, and so I would like to set
gnus-fetch-old-headers's value to nil, only for nntp groups, so that
they can be fetched quicker.

Is there a way to do this ?

(gnus-version's value is "No Gnus v0.6")

Thanks,
--
Nicolas

* Re: fetch-old-headers depending on group ?
@ 2008-01-21 22:56 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-01-21 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, Jan 21 2008, Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:

> For my mail (nnimap), as I like to see complete threads, I have set
> gnus-fetch-old-headers's value to t. It works fine.
>
> However, my ISP news server is too slow, and so I would like to set
> gnus-fetch-old-headers's value to nil, only for nntp groups, so that
> they can be fetched quicker.
>
> Is there a way to do this ?

Use Group parameters, via `G p', `G c' or `gnus-parameters'.  See
(info "(gnus)Group Parameters").

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: fetch-old-headers depending on group ?
@ 2008-01-22  7:03   ` Nicolas KOWALSKI
From: Nicolas KOWALSKI @ 2008-01-22  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Mon, Jan 21 2008, Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
>
>> For my mail (nnimap), as I like to see complete threads, I have set
>> gnus-fetch-old-headers's value to t. It works fine.
>>
>> However, my ISP news server is too slow, and so I would like to set
>> gnus-fetch-old-headers's value to nil, only for nntp groups, so that
>> they can be fetched quicker.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this ?
>
> Use Group parameters, via `G p', `G c' or `gnus-parameters'.  See
> (info "(gnus)Group Parameters").

Thanks, it works perfectly:

   ("^nntp.*"
    (gnus-fetch-old-headers nil)