* Recovering newsgroup specific settings when editing drafts
@ 2006-04-12 10:59 Elias Oltmanns
From: Elias Oltmanns @ 2006-04-12 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

here is a problem which I couldn't find a solution for. If you have
code hooked into message-setup-hook or message-header-setup-hook which
performs various actions depending on the current group, you would
often want to have this code referring to the original group of a
draft when pressing e in the drafts group. Good examples are changing
ispell-local-dictionary or pgg-default-user-id. Since X-Draft-From
holds the name of the group in which the message was originally
created, the obvious way is to make the code refer to this header.
However, message-fetch-field / message-field-value don't seem to have
access to this variable by the time message-(header-)setup-hook is
run. What would be the right way to accomplish my goal?

Thanks in advance,

Elias