* message-cite-original and message-cite-original-without-signature
@ 2005-08-09  6:09 Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2005-08-09  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

The `message-cite-original' and `message-cite-original-without-signature'
functions are almost identical and have been since 1998.  For some
reason, they have never been merged.  Is there a good reason for this?

I'd like to merge the two in a worker function and make the original
functions just call the new function with an arg to strip the signature
or not, which would eradicate the code duplication.  I can see two
consequences:
- it would break any advice people could have on them (do we support
  this?)
- it would make m-c-o-w-s (heh) honor `mail-citation-hook' as well.

Shall I go ahead?

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | I used to think there is no
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | future left at all.

* Re: message-cite-original and message-cite-original-without-signature
@ 2005-08-09  6:49 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2005-08-09  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The `message-cite-original' and `message-cite-original-without-signature'
> functions are almost identical and have been since 1998.  For some
> reason, they have never been merged.  Is there a good reason for this?

> I'd like to merge the two in a worker function and make the original
> functions just call the new function with an arg to strip the signature
> or not, which would eradicate the code duplication.  I can see two
> consequences:
> - it would break any advice people could have on them (do we support
>   this?)
> - it would make m-c-o-w-s (heh) honor `mail-citation-hook' as well.

> Shall I go ahead?

While I don't seem to have a right to say anything since I'm not
using message-cite-* function, I think it would be nice to merge
them.  (Your recent changes are very good.  I came to want to
incorporate those ideas into the function I'm using. :)

* Re: message-cite-original and message-cite-original-without-signature
@ 2005-08-13 15:07 ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2005-08-13 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

There was no objection, so I did that.

--