* No process-mark for gnus-summary-save-parts?
@ 2005-02-15 16:46 Andrew Raines
From: Andrew Raines @ 2005-02-15 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

gnus-summary-save-parts doesn't seem to care about process
marks, despite (info "(gnus)MIME Commands") saying it does.
Specifically, I'm trying to save all of the message/rfc822
parts of messages in a group.  It works great for a single
article, but doesn't iteratively do marked messages.  I also
tried a keyboard macro, but nothing got saved to the
directory I specified.

In gnus-sum.el, g-s-s-p's interactive block refers to
current-prefix-arg, but the variable isn't used in the
function.  Is this author oversight or am I missing
something?

--
    aaraines@pobox.com (Andrew A. Raines)

* Re: No process-mark for gnus-summary-save-parts?
@ 2005-02-16  4:03 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2005-02-16  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> gnus-summary-save-parts doesn't seem to care about process
> marks, despite (info "(gnus)MIME Commands") saying it does.
> Specifically, I'm trying to save all of the message/rfc822
> parts of messages in a group.  It works great for a single
> article, but doesn't iteratively do marked messages.  I also
> tried a keyboard macro, but nothing got saved to the
> directory I specified.

Hm, it works for me.  What I did for the trial is:

Make two of forwarded articles in the nnml group.
Mark those articles by #.
Type X m message/rfc822 RET /tmp/ RET.
Remove two of saved files.
Go to the first article in the summary buffer.
Type 2 X m message/rfc822 RET /tmp/ RET.

> In gnus-sum.el, g-s-s-p's interactive block refers to
> current-prefix-arg, but the variable isn't used in the
> function.  Is this author oversight or am I missing
> something?

current-prefix-arg is passed to the gnus-summary-iterate macro
and it seems to process marks and a numeric arg properly.

* Re: No process-mark for gnus-summary-save-parts?
@ 2005-02-16 16:04   ` Andrew Raines
From: Andrew Raines @ 2005-02-16 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Hm, it works for me.  What I did for the trial is:
>
> Make two of forwarded articles in the nnml group.
> Mark those articles by #.
> Type X m message/rfc822 RET /tmp/ RET.

That...

> Remove two of saved files.
> Go to the first article in the summary buffer.
> Type 2 X m message/rfc822 RET /tmp/ RET.

...nor that work for me.  Gnus just ends up on the last
article marked (looking like I hit C-u g) and no files are
written.

The first time I was doing it from an nnimap mailstore, but I
`B c'-ed the messages to an nnml group and experienced the
same behavior.

Glad it works for you though. ;-)

--
    aaraines@pobox.com (Andrew A. Raines)