From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@danann.net>
Subject: Re: Reproducible bug in processing a piece of (html?) email
Date: 18 Jan 2000 23:34:16 +1100	[thread overview]

On 18 Jan 2000, Aaron M. Ucko <amu@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> "Daniel Pittman" <daniel@danann.net> writes:
>
>> The other solution is to make *sure* that the flat libXaw.so is
>> *first* in the load-path. This will almost certainly require that you
>> edit ld.so.conf if you are using Debian/unstable...
>
> Well, either that or installing xaw-wrappers and frobbing its
> configuration suitably...

Debian unstable has done away with the xaw-wrappers in favor of frobbing
ld.so.conf to load a 3D Athena library when something looks for
libXaw.so, unconditionally.

This means that anything using flat Xaw gets your favorite 3D variant --
and anything which subclasses widgets from flat Athena will now explode
in flames.

Were it that simple I would use that method myself. This is probably a
little off topic for the gnus list though. If you want to know more
about it, the XEmacs beta list is full of discussions about how to fix
this lossage right now. :)

        Daniel

--
My fate cannot be mastered; it can only be collaborated with and thereby, to
some extent, directed. Nor am I the captain of my soul; I am only the noisiest