* nnml for local /var/mail/pankaj stopped working
@ 2021-08-29 12:05 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-08-29 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Users

I am not sure if I did something magical to stop nnml from doing its
work but it is not working since last one week. I was trying to figure
out but I have not made any progress.

Could you please help me figure out? I simply have this setting in the
secondary select method:

 '(gnus-secondary-select-methods
   '((nnml "")                          ; /var/mail/pankaj (on macos)
     .... ;; other candidates

I use this only for the cron emails. I have no other emails on local
system. I have a splitter which puts the cron emails in "nnml:cron"
group; which was working perfectly fine.

 '(nnmail-split-methods
   '(("cron" "^from:.*Cron Daemon")
     .... ;; other filters

What could be wrong. The group "nnml:cron" is still there but has only
old mails. Neither the mails are going into "nnml:bogus"

New mails are there in /var/mail/pankaj but they are not being pulled
into Gnus.

* Re: nnml for local /var/mail/pankaj stopped working
@ 2021-08-30  2:06 ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-08-30  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

After the new build today. This is working fine.

@ 2021-08-30  8:48 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2021-08-30  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Pankaj writes:

> New mails are there in /var/mail/pankaj but they are not being pulled
> into Gnus.

What is the value of the mail-sources variable in your setup?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Tears in waves                                            Adam Sjøgren
  Lights on fire"                                      asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: nnml for local /var/mail/pankaj stopped working
@ 2021-09-02 14:38   ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-09-02 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

>> New mails are there in /var/mail/pankaj but they are not being pulled
>> into Gnus.
>
> What is the value of the mail-sources variable in your setup?

I am using the default value. Right now ‘((file))’. But Gnus is now
pulling the mails from the spool. So no more an issue.