* Missing first group in group list
@ 2021-01-21 11:13 Juan José García-Ripoll
From: Juan José García-Ripoll @ 2021-01-21 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I have been tracking a problem when using my own backends, which
actually seems to be a bug in Gnus. Any help in determining this would
be appreciated.

Essentially the problem is in this function

(defun gnus-group-prepare-flat (level &optional predicate lowest regexp)
      ;; List living groups, according to order in `gnus-group-list'.
      (dolist (g (cdr gnus-group-list))
        (setq info (gnus-get-info g)
	      group (gnus-info-group info)

This function drops the first group in the list, probably because it
assumes it is the dummy.group, but in my system it is never so. In my
working machine I have

  (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))
  (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
        '((nnmaild "archived"
                  (nnmaild-directory "/path/to/Maildir"))))

In this order the list of groups luckily ends up being

   ("nnimap+work:Trash" ... "dummy.group" "nndraft:drafts")

so that the group that is lost is trivial.

However if I add one more backend

  (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
        '((nnmaild "archived"
                  (nnmaild-directory "/path/to/Maildir"))
          (nnimap "work"
                   (nnimap-address "mail.server.at.work")
                   (nnimap-server-port 993)
                   (nnimap-stream ssl)
                   (nnimap-fetch-partial-articles t)
                   (nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+work:Trash")
                   (nnir-search-engine imap))))

the group that is lost is my last archive folder in /path/to/Maildir

Is this a typo, or is there some sorting logic in gnus-group-list that
is being messed up?

Cheers

Juanjo

--