* Where to send pull requests?
@ 2019-07-19 18:54 dick.r.chiang
From: dick.r.chiang @ 2019-07-19 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Wondering where all the development for Gnus is taking place.

* Re: Where to send pull requests?
@ 2019-07-19 19:07 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-07-19 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

dick.r.chiang@gmail.com writes:

> Wondering where all the development for Gnus is taking place.

Right here! :)

Actually mostly on the Emacs bug tracker, but there is discussion going
on here, on the emacs.devel newsgroup, and sometimes on the emacs.help
newsgroup. Oh, and there's an emacs.gnus.user group, but obviously
that's less for development.

If you have a discrete bug you'd like fixed, use `gnus-bug', which will
send the report to the Emacs bug tracker. If you have a general topic
you'd like to discuss, this group is a fine place.

* Re: Where to send pull requests?
@ 2019-07-19 19:16 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2019-07-19 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

dick.r.chiang@gmail.com writes:

> Wondering where all the development for Gnus is taking place.

Gnus is developed inside the GNU Emacs repository these days (it was
moved there in 2016, I think it was).

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Everything needs to change.                                 Adam Sjøgren
  And it has to start today."                            asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Where to send pull requests?
@ 2019-07-19 22:41   ` dick.r.chiang
From: dick.r.chiang @ 2019-07-19 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I've gotten an account on savannah.gnu.org, and am now trying to figure out
how to get one on git.sv.gnu.org so that I can make the change I mentioned
about gnus-group-change-level-function.  Please advise.

* Re: Where to send pull requests?
@ 2019-07-19 22:50     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2019-07-19 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

dick.r.chiang@gmail.com writes:

> I've gotten an account on savannah.gnu.org, and am now trying to figure out
> how to get one on git.sv.gnu.org so that I can make the change I mentioned
> about gnus-group-change-level-function.  Please advise.

Lars wrote a nice intro back when GNU Emacs switched to git, it might be
helpful:

 · https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2014/11/13/welcome-new-emacs-developers/

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "It made me nostalgic for Solaris 2, as I was power          Adam Sjøgren
  cycling it for the fourth time."                       asjo@koldfront.dk