* gnus-posting-styles vs compose-mail
@ 2014-07-29  8:58 Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2014-07-29  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Does gnus-posting-styles rules have anything to notice when a message
has been started by `compose-mail', and perhaps the parameters on that
compose-mail?

I see dynamic bindings of the compose-mail args are visible as variables
`to', `subject', etc, but I wonder if that should be relied on.

I thought to suppress Gcc on some semi-automated mails.  I got the
effect I wanted from code in gnus-message-archive-group like below, and
then wondered if it too already had anything to notice compose-mail or
match headers.  (At the gnus-message-archive-group stage the buffer has
headers ready to consult, I believe.)

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
      '((if (equal (message-fetch-field "To") "query@example.com")
            nil