* How to delete a doc group?
@ 2014-05-30 14:33 Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2014-05-30 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I made a doc group to read a file. Then I was done, and I did G DEL, and
got the message "this back end does not support group deletion".

I read the manual, found nothing.

- Ian

* Re: How to delete a doc group?
@ 2014-05-30 18:17 ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2014-05-30 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ian Kelling <ian@iankelling.org> writes:

> I made a doc group to read a file. Then I was done, and I did G DEL, and
> got the message "this back end does not support group deletion".

> I read the manual, found nothing.

You can just Ctrl-K the line in the *Group* buffer, and I think that makes
it go away entirely.  G DEL is important forb backends where the backend
stores additional information about the group outside of the newsrc.eld
file, like nnml, but I don't believe this is true for doc groups.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

* Re: How to delete a doc group?
@ 2014-05-30 20:19 ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-05-30 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ian Kelling <ian@iankelling.org> writes:

> I made a doc group to read a file. Then I was done, and I did G DEL, and
> got the message "this back end does not support group deletion".

normally I do S k, but I don't know exactly whether this is what you
want.

S k is bound to gnus-group-kill-group

,----[ C-h f gnus-group-kill-group RET ]

`----