* Expiring sent drafts does now always `delete'
       [not found]           ` <mailman.22943.1364408991.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2013-03-28  1:36             ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2013-03-28  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: info-gnus-english, Felix Natter

Hi,

This might be a regression but I think it would trouble no one.
I made draft messages come to be deleted after being sent regardless
of the value of `nnmail-expiry-target'.  If it is `delete', that
is the default, the behavior is unchanged.  Before this change,
a sent draft was moved to an expiry group if `nnmail-expiry-target'
specifies it.  However, there were some problems with moved drafts:

1. A separator is left between the header and the body.  It causes
   the body of a moved draft to be unable to read.

   Even if one sets or binds `mail-header-separator' to "",

2. A message is in MML, not MIME.  I.e., non-ASCII text is as is,
   attachments are mere tags.
3. There seems to be an unresolved bug.

See also:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/16110
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/16114
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/16160
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/16163
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/16164
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/16165
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/16166
(The thread is broken because info-gnus-english@gnu.org rewites
 Message-IDs. :<)

There are similar problems with draft messages that are copied
or moved to normal groups by `B c' or `B m'.  But IMHO, it's not
worth improving, since you can use Gcc or something if you want
to archive sent messages.

Regards,

* Re: Expiring sent drafts does now always `delete'
@ 2013-04-06  6:55               ` Nils Ackermann
From: Nils Ackermann @ 2013-04-06  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> This might be a regression but I think it would trouble no one.
> I made draft messages come to be deleted after being sent regardless
> of the value of `nnmail-expiry-target'.  If it is `delete', that

Hooray!

I have lobbied for this change before, but have lived with the group
parameter setting for some time now.  Even this workaround didn't, erm,
actually *work* before Lars made a change in September of 2010.  For
details see the thread

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/71761/focus=71982

and the references therein.  A 13 year old bug has finally been stamped
out completely!

Without these changes I always had the pesky draft style messages creep
into my normal nnml folders, causing many problems, up to not displaying
other messages in the group (demonstratably).  This should never happen!
The only sane way to treat this problem is your change.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Nils