* suggested change to gnus-dired-attach
@ 2012-10-24 10:27 Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2012-10-24 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Stephen Eglen

I like using gnus-dired-attach to add attachment to *Message* buffers.
how about the following small patch to that function, so that when there
are multiple possible *draft* buffers, the most recent is used as the
default?

Thanks, Stephen

*** /local/data/home/stephen/gnus-dired.el~	2012-10-24 11:26:04.993082347 +0100
--- /local/data/home/stephen/gnus-dired.el	2012-10-24 11:26:20.385084245 +0100
***************
*** 156,162 ****
  		(if (= (length bufs) 1)
  		    (get-buffer (car bufs))
  		  (gnus-completing-read "Attach to which mail composition buffer"
!                                          bufs t)))
  	;; setup a new mail composition buffer
  	(let ((mail-user-agent gnus-dired-mail-mode)
  	      ;; A workaround to prevent Gnus from displaying the Gnus
--- 156,162 ----
  		(if (= (length bufs) 1)
  		    (get-buffer (car bufs))
  		  (gnus-completing-read "Attach to which mail composition buffer"
!                                          bufs t nil nil (car bufs))))
  	;; setup a new mail composition buffer
  	(let ((mail-user-agent gnus-dired-mail-mode)
  	      ;; A workaround to prevent Gnus from displaying the Gnus

* Re: suggested change to gnus-dired-attach
@ 2012-10-24 12:33 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-10-24 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Eglen; +Cc: ding

Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen@damtp.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> I like using gnus-dired-attach to add attachment to *Message* buffers.
> how about the following small patch to that function, so that when
> there are multiple possible *draft* buffers, the most recent is used
> as the default?

Sounds reasonable, but the default should be named in the prompt, e.g.,
it should look something like

  Attach to buffer (default "*unsent wide reply to Stephen Eglen*"):

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: suggested change to gnus-dired-attach
@ 2012-10-25  8:49   ` Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2012-10-25  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: Stephen Eglen, ding

> Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen@damtp.cam.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> I like using gnus-dired-attach to add attachment to *Message* buffers.
>> how about the following small patch to that function, so that when
>> there are multiple possible *draft* buffers, the most recent is used
>> as the default?
>
> Sounds reasonable, but the default should be named in the prompt, e.g.,
> it should look something like
>
>   Attach to buffer (default "*unsent wide reply to Stephen Eglen*"):

Thanks Tassilo; gnus-completing-read already does insert the default
into the prompt in the way you suggest.

Thanks, Stephen

* Re: suggested change to gnus-dired-attach
@ 2012-10-25  9:07     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-10-25  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Eglen; +Cc: ding

Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen@damtp.cam.ac.uk> writes:

>>> I like using gnus-dired-attach to add attachment to *Message*
>>> buffers.  how about the following small patch to that function, so
>>> that when there are multiple possible *draft* buffers, the most
>>> recent is used as the default?
>>
>> Sounds reasonable, but the default should be named in the prompt,
>> e.g., it should look something like
>>
>>   Attach to buffer (default "*unsent wide reply to Stephen Eglen*"):
>
> Thanks Tassilo; gnus-completing-read already does insert the default
> into the prompt in the way you suggest.

Ah, great, I wasn't aware of that.  But I'd still shorten the prompt a
bit, so that in the usual case it doesn't need to wrap around.  I went
ahead and committed.

Thanks!
Tassilo

* Re: suggested change to gnus-dired-attach
@ 2012-10-25  9:32       ` Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2012-10-25  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: Stephen Eglen, ding

> Ah, great, I wasn't aware of that.  But I'd still shorten the prompt a
> bit, so that in the usual case it doesn't need to wrap around.  I went
> ahead and committed.

thank you!