* "No Gnus is good news" or "No news is good news"
@ 2011-12-23  0:45 Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2011-12-23  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I think previously I used to see  "No news is good news"
in the echo area when there is no news to read.

but now I see "No Gnus is good news".
Is it only for me.?

BTW I am using emacs from bzr
--
YYR

* Re: "No Gnus is good news" or "No news is good news"
@ 2011-12-23  4:07 ` Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 2011-12-23  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> I think previously I used to see  "No news is good news"
> in the echo area when there is no news to read.
>
> but now I see "No Gnus is good news".
> Is it only for me.?

It changed a good while back.  January 4, 2004.  You can add the
following to your .gnus to change it back.

(setq gnus-no-groups-message "No gnus is bad news")

Or, as I have it in mine from a much older version:

(setq gnus-no-groups-message "No news is horrible news")

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(md5i@md5i.com)