* sendmail/smtpmail etc.
@ 2011-11-15  7:57 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-11-15  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

My gnus in Debian uses sendmail to send. I have exim4 configured to use
a smart host.

But, how should it be configured to use sendmail *but* using the
authentication info in .authinfo for the smtp server as well as the
opening and reading from gmail? Has this been addressed at all the
recent changes in 24.1? I realise there are loads of hacks around to to
do this in earlier gnus where the send domain is used to map using msmtp
or somesuch, but is this now possible using the authinfo file and
"automatic"?

I like the .authinfo.gpg and having a root readable
"etc/exim4/passwd.client" seems like heresy which I can have my password
snugly hidden in the gpg file. (Ditto for msmtp congi of course).

regards

r.