* gnus-article-goto-next-page loops back up on last article
@ 2011-11-12 11:21 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2011-11-12 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Make the Article buffer become the whole window with "h" or C-x 0.
[h runs the command gnus-summary-select-article-buffer]

Now browse to the bottom of the bottom article.
Now hit SPC.
Now we are back at the top of the bottom article.

If we had done this from the Summary buffer, we would still be at the
bottom of that article, and not back up at the top thinking we were now
reading a new article like some boob.

So SPC runs the command gnus-article-goto-next-page has a bug.
Whereas SPC runs the command gnus-summary-next-page is OK.

Of course it may be due to my
http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.gnus.el

* Re: gnus-article-goto-next-page loops back up on last article
@ 2011-11-12 22:12 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-11-12 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, Nov 12 2011, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

> Now browse to the bottom of the bottom article.
> Now hit SPC.
> Now we are back at the top of the bottom article.

You can put this in your gnus.el:

(defun gnus-article-goto-next-page ()
  "Show the next page of the article."
  (interactive)
  (when (gnus-article-next-page)
;   (goto-char (point-min))  ;  Why this?
    (gnus-article-read-summary-keys nil (gnus-character-to-event ?n))))

           Peter

* Re: gnus-article-goto-next-page loops back up on last article
@ 2012-01-03 22:30 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-01-03 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jidanni; +Cc: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Make the Article buffer become the whole window with "h" or C-x 0.
> [h runs the command gnus-summary-select-article-buffer]
>
> Now browse to the bottom of the bottom article.
> Now hit SPC.
> Now we are back at the top of the bottom article.

I'm unable to reproduce this.  `SPC' reliably takes me to the next group
in this situation.

* Re: gnus-article-goto-next-page loops back up on last article
@ 2012-01-05 14:06   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2012-01-05 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: larsi; +Cc: ding

LMI> jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

>> Make the Article buffer become the whole window with "h" or C-x 0.
>> [h runs the command gnus-summary-select-article-buffer]
>>
>> Now browse to the bottom of the bottom article.
>> Now hit SPC.
>> Now we are back at the top of the bottom article.

LMI> I'm unable to reproduce this.  `SPC' reliably takes me to the next group
LMI> in this situation.

But not in the case if you have some of the settings I do in
http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/ ... but not that I expect you to
research that...

* Re: gnus-article-goto-next-page loops back up on last article
@ 2012-01-11 22:47     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-01-11 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: jidanni

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> LMI> jidanni@jidanni.org writes:
>
>>> Make the Article buffer become the whole window with "h" or C-x 0.
>>> [h runs the command gnus-summary-select-article-buffer]
>>>
>>> Now browse to the bottom of the bottom article.
>>> Now hit SPC.
>>> Now we are back at the top of the bottom article.
>
> LMI> I'm unable to reproduce this.  `SPC' reliably takes me to the next group
> LMI> in this situation.
>
> But not in the case if you have some of the settings I do in
> http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/ ... but not that I expect you to
> research that...

And why should he?  That's a lot of configuration to go through by
somebody who didn't write it.  Maybe *you* could narrow it down to the
configuration elements that actually lead to the problem?  That would be
helpful and potentially useful.

For me, gnus behaves as I would expect under the conditions you describe
above.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1 + No Gnus v0.18