From: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: using bbdb in split methods
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 08:49:41 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

I get way too much email (don't we all?) but using gnus with splitting
helps tremendously in tackling this problem.  I use fancy splitting and
everything works just fine.  The majority of my emails get sent to
appropriate mail folders (work colleagues, mailing lists, etc.) and I'm
pretty happy with his.  However, I still have a "catch all" folder that
takes any emails that have not been split off.  This still ends up being
too big and I'm forced to look at it more often than I would like.

I would like to further split emails that would end up here without
having to write any more rules based on specific "from" entries.  What I
would like ideally is to be able to split off emails if the "from" or
even the "to" addresses are one that are known to BBDB, implying
messages from or to people I know or that I have corresponded with in
the past.

Is this possible?  Has anybody done this already?  Any pointers to how
to do this would be very welcome!  I assume that something should be
possible using the "(: FUNCTION args...)" form but this is where I get
stuck.  Maybe I need help from somebody with BBDB expertise?

Many thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1 + No Gnus v0.18