From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: function to add new records from email message
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:02:58 +0800	[thread overview]

On Fri, Aug 12 2011, Leo wrote:

> On 2011-08-11 16:32 +0800, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>> Hey, this was a great bit of information -- I've long been confused
>> about the best way to get someone in the database if you're not
>> automatically adding unknown senders. So now with a prefix arg ":" asks
>> whether to add a new record, but I don't see what you set to have it ask
>> for all invocations, not just those with a prefix arg…?
>
> Did you try ; (bbdb-mua-edit-notes-sender)?

But that asks me to edit the notes field :) All I want is to add a
record! Customization of "bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p" makes much more
sense to me.

I'm using git versions of gnus and bbdb, and something somewhere loves
to put a "->" in the minibuffer when I hit ";" for
bbdb-mua-edit-notes-sender and a few other actions, I can't quite see a
pattern. I don't know who to blame for this "->", but it overrides
whatever other helpful hints the minibuffer should have been showing me,
and in general makes it very difficult to get things done. Has anyone
else seen this? What on earth is it doing?

Thanks,