On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:47:18 +0100 Michael Albinus wrote: MA> Ted Zlatanov writes: >> It's all autoloaded, so the user will get an error when he searches. I >> can do an assert in `auth-source-secrets-search' to fail early or fail >> even earlier in `auth-source-backend-parse'. WDYT? MA> If there are no compilation errors, I believe it is OK to fail with a MA> meaningful message. MA> However, it gives the burden to the user to initialize auth-sources MA> depending on availability of secrets.el. So maybe it is more convenient MA> to ignore :secrets entries in such a case, raising a warning (with MA> confirmation to continue). Something like this, except using another warning facility besides `auth-source-do-debug'? I assume (featurep 'secrets) will work even if autoloading is used. Ted