* Anyone ever used gnus-change-server?
@ 2010-02-03 11:24 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2010-02-03 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I tried using gnus-change-server yesterday to change the native server.

I've tried that before when changing news servers, but never really had
any success.  The function has never run to completion, as far as I've
been able to tell.

The documentation says that the methods for changing server "take a
looong time to run".  What I've done is just live with the article
number changes, and lose my read marks.

However, this time I just had 5 groups to switch, and a reasonably fast
machine to run Gnus on (a P4), so I thought it may be worth it.

But this morning the P4 machine had been using 100% CPU on this
overnight, and still hadn't completed.

Has anyone ever had any success with gnus-change-server?