* "No such article" error
@ 2009-09-24  0:35 Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2009-09-24  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm using nnimap on local Maildirs served by dovecot. I moved my
Maildirs to a new laptop using rsync and copied over the ~/.newsrc*, and
gnus and dovecot config files. Everything seems to work OK, except for
one group called "org". When I attempt to view an article in that group
I get e.g.

No such article 22554 in org: Mailbox doesn't exist: .zz_mairix-mairix-hits-1
No such article (may have expired or been canceled)

(".zz_mairix-mairix-hits-1" is a name I once used for a group to hold
mairix hits; it is not something I use now.)

I tried renaming my ~/.newsrc* and starting gnus from fresh and
re-subscribing to the problematic group. Then I get e.g.

No such article 22554 in org: nil
No such article (may have expired or been canceled)

I've also tried temporarily getting rid of org/.nnmaildir and
org/dovecot*, to no avail.

I would like to keep the history of messages stored in this group. Can
anyone suggest how I can resurrect it?

Thanks a lot,

Dan
Gnus v5.13