* bet this article's scrollbar doesn't reach the bottom
@ 2009-09-13 15:44 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-09-13 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gentlemen, observe your scrollbar on the side of this *Article* buffer.
Does it _not_ reach all the way to the bottom, even though this message is
so short?

The decision whether or not to hit SPC to see the next page is based on
the length of the scrollbar, at least for me.

Why these days even
$ emacs -q /etc/motd
says to me there's a second page.

Why can't emacs act like
$ firefox /etc/motd
and give no scrollbars, or, a "full length" scrollbar?

(apropos (quote ("scroll-bar")) nil) is daunting, over my head.

* Re: bet this article's scrollbar doesn't reach the bottom
@ 2009-09-13 15:53 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2009-09-13 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 23:44:25 +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

> Gentlemen, observe your scrollbar on the side of this *Article* buffer.
> Does it _not_ reach all the way to the bottom, even though this message is
> so short?

The scrollbar reaches all the way on my screen.

Using:

  XEmacs 21.5 (beta29) "garbanzo" 7e54adf407a1+ [Lucid]
  (x86_64-pc-linux, Mule) of Sun Sep 13 2009 on topper

  No Gnus v0.11

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Vegetarian progressive grindcore"                           Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: bet this article's scrollbar doesn't reach the bottom
@ 2009-09-13 15:57 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2009-09-13 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, Sep 13 2009, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

> Gentlemen, observe your scrollbar on the side of this *Article* buffer.
> Does it _not_ reach all the way to the bottom, even though this message is
> so short?
>
> The decision whether or not to hit SPC to see the next page is based on
> the length of the scrollbar, at least for me.
>
> Why these days even
> $ emacs -q /etc/motd
> says to me there's a second page.

You already realized that you can reproduce your problem without Gnus.
So please bring it up on the relevant Emacs list, not on the Gnus
list.  Thanks.

> Why can't emacs act like
> $ firefox /etc/motd
> and give no scrollbars, or, a "full length" scrollbar?
>
> (apropos (quote ("scroll-bar")) nil) is daunting, over my head.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: bet this article's scrollbar doesn't reach the bottom
@ 2009-09-13 21:37   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-09-13 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: 4425

OK, reported http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4425