From: reader@newsguy.com
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: scan for author and take action
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:36:49 -0600	[thread overview]

Dave Goldberg <david.goldberg6@verizon.net> writes:

> Could you please clarify what you're trying to do?

[...]

What I'd really like is to have this action performed when the agent
downloads the messages similar to what mail splitting does.  But in
the case of NNTP after filtering for the proper messages it would have
to split a copy off to somewhere.  Probably and nnml group.

So to clarify, I want to take actions as the downloads happen.
If that cannot be done then next best would be on group entry so some
thing like your code in Group Params I guess.

I seem to recal some method to expire messages to some archive.  If
filtering could be hitched to that in NNTP groups that would maybe be
the best solution.