* Disposition-Notification-To acks
@ 2007-11-16  1:13 jidanni
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: jidanni @ 2007-11-16  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gentlemen, the Taiwan Power Company has turned off my e-bill account
because gnus doesn't acknowledge the Disposition-Notification-To
headers they send.

They could have gone further and canceled my electricity -- meaning no
more messages from me for you to read. Then where would you all be?
Running around like chickens with your heads cut off, I'm sure.

For now I will do
;;Be sure we are very aware of Disposition-Notification requests
;;though we can only respond manually at present.
(add-hook
 'gnus-startup-hook
 '(lambda ()
    (require 'gnus-art)
    (setq gnus-visible-headers
	  (concat "^Disposition-Notification-To:\\|"
		  gnus-visible-headers))
    (setq gnus-header-face-alist
	  (cons '("Disposition-Notification-To:"
		  gnus-summary-cancelled ;vivid
		  gnus-summary-cancelled)
		gnus-header-face-alist))))

Sure, there is message-insert-disposition-notification-to to insert
them, but no facility to respond to them.

MB> for Gnus to automatically send a reply to the message saying...

Or a variable that one could set to ask "This message asks for
Disposition Notification, shall we? [yn?]". (('always,'ask,'never,
'warn-only)on sender regexp alist).